If your cocktail of choice is a Negroni, Americano or an Aperol Spritz…then this cocktail could tickle your taste buds.
The combination of the bitter Campari, the fruity richness of the Barbera and the hint of sweetness with honey or sugar syrup is just about perfect. If you are entertaining for a crowd, why not mix up a jug of this cocktail to share around. With an epic cheese platter to go with it, you would be in good company for an afternoon in the sun.
If you want to learn a bit more about Barbera, check out our previous blog post by Alex, but to keep it short Barbera is perfect for cocktails because of its light, fruity flavour and low tannins that will shine through any cocktail mixers and maintain that amazing fruity flavour.
So, here it is!
Broke Estate Barbera, Campari & Soda
To start off, you will need the following ingredients:
- Broke Estate Barbera
- Soda water
- Honey (or something sweet like a sugar syrup)
- 1 fresh lime
(like most things in life, the better the quality of the ingredients, the better the end result!)
- You will want to start off by putting a decent amount of ice into a glass
- To this, add equal parts Barbera and Campari
- Thoroughly stir in a tablespoon of honey or sugar syrup
- Top up with Soda water to taste
- Cut up the lime and add a slice to the rim of the glass as a garnish to make yourself feel fancy (you can also squeeze some of the Lime juice into the cocktail to add more of a citrus flavor)
- Give it a stir and enjoy!
See our cocktail making skills in action!
We hope you try this out for yourself this summer, if you do, or if you have any other cocktail suggestions, we would love to hear from you in the comments below and share across social media with the hashtags #barberacocktail and #brokeestate
Other cocktail recipes using our wines:
You can find our Barbera in our online store here