Red red wine, you make me feel so fine
You keep me rockin’ all of the time
Red red wine, you make me feel so grand
I feel a million dollars when you’re just in my hand
Thanks UB40 for the blog intro inspiration.
In our series of summer cocktails, this classic Barbera Tonic has to be one of our favourites. It is simple, easy to mix and as an added bonus, it is relatively low-alcohol! So you can sip on this one all day (responsibly of course).
Hot tip: there are some flavoured tonic waters around (like the Nexba Cranberry and Hibiscus Sugar Free Tonic Water) which can add an extra punch of fruity sweetness to your cocktail if that is more your style.
This recipe is super simple so lets get into it!
Broke Estate Barbera Tonic
To start off, you will need the following ingredients:
- Broke Estate Barbera
- Tonic Water
- fresh orange, lime or mint (optional)
(like most things in life, the better the quality of the ingredients, the better the end result!)
1. You will want to start off by putting a decent amount of ice into a glass
2. To this, add equal parts Barbera and tonic
3. garnish with a slice or twist of orange or lime, or a sprig of mint (you can also squeeze some of the orange or lime juice into the cocktail to add more of a citrus flavor)
– to make a “twist”, simply get a vegetable peeler and peel off a piece of the zest from the fruit and twist it
4. Give it a stir and enjoy!
See our cocktail making skills in action!
We hope you try this out for yourself this summer, if you do, or if you have any other cocktail suggestions, we would love to hear from you in the comments below and share across social media with the hashtags #barberacocktail and #brokeestate
Other cocktail recipes using our wines:
You can find our Barbera in our online store here